Thursday, July 26, 2012

Busy Summer, but easy project!

Whew!  It has been awhile since I've been on here.  Summer is always such a busy time at our house and this year has been no exception!  Girls coming and going from camp, teen time at our church for a week, camping, wakeboarding, swimming....anyway, I tend to neglect the internet when I get busy. 

The great thing is I did find some time to do a fun easy project that I just love with some old barn board.  The idea was inspired by a friend on Facebook who did something similar.

We don't really have barn board laying around, but we do have an old horse shed that has a barn door. 

After sizing the door up, I asked my husband if I could take a board off the door, since the building is really no good anyway. 
So I pried a board off with the help of my husband (who wishes I would stop getting so many ideas:) )
I had to take out ALOT of nails!! And then I was ready to start.


I used an old cereal box to cut out the letters and then traced them onto my board!  After I cut them out then I spray painted a bunch of frames to hang on the wall along with my letters.
Of course I had to use my favorite color spray paint!









And here is everything put up on the wall!  As I take pictures, I will add them into the frames, but for now I like the look!  It sure was better than a blank wall!


Since this was so much fun, I went ahead right away and made another set of letters and added those in the kitchen!  Of course my junky camera never makes things look as good as they do in real life, but you get the idea!







No comments:

Post a Comment