Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Tomato cage turned bird cage...









My second daughter loves birds!  More often than not, you can find her outside with a field guide in one hand and her binoculars in the other!  As we spend time together outside, she will suddenly stop and cock her head obviously hearing something.  Amazingly, most times she is able to tell me just which bird she heard! 

This past month our Abbie turned 14 and what type of birthday did she desire?  You guessed it, a bird themed birthday!  Well, I kept garage saling and thrifting hoping to find the perfect bird cage to use for a table center piece... finally the morning of her birthday, I realized I still didn't have one.  So on to scrounging around to find the perfect cage!  After searching for quite awhile, I realized that if I could snip the top off of a tomato cage, and bend the ends together, I could have a make do cage! I wrapped different colored pieces of material around it to give it a shabby chic look and it turned out great!  Abbie loved it and wants it in her room!




I love to repurpose items! How about you?  Anything you've repurposed lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment